Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thoughts of the day: Leaving

     In 41 days, I'm going to be leaving the US. For a year, I'm leaving the comforts of my home, my friends, my job, my car, and my sweet husband. The thought is scary, it's sad, it's disheartening really. I'm so used to so many things here and I feel like I've taken for granted some of those comforts and conveniences that I have or use in my daily life, granted it's not like I'm going in the wilderness and living with nothing. Of course not. It's just I'm leaving my home. The uncertainty of things and the length of time I'm gonna be spending away from my husband makes me feel sad. 

    I've already started packing, I'm sending my stuff first since it takes a months time before it arrives to it's destination. I'm trying not to pack everything in terms of my beauty and skincare essentials but my train case is full to the brim! As for my personal items, I'm also not trying to pack everything. I'm mostly packing heat and humidity friendly clothes, some shoes, sandals, and even a pair of rain boots since there's only two types of season there (summer and typhoon season!). Any other things I might need, I'll probably just buy there as I need it.

    Well I guess it shouldn't be too bad. Technology nowadays is so amazing! We have FaceTime, iChat, Skype, email, and texting. My dearest husband will come visit me in between the length of time I'm away. Most of all, I'm going to be busy. You see the reason for my long term trip is to fulfill my goal of going back and getting some more higher education. Yes, I'm going back to school. For so many reasons I'm choosing to go to school overseas and not here, it's just more convenient and financially easier for us. So at my age, I'm leaving and going back to being a student. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment