Friday, April 26, 2013

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion

    I love, love, love this product! I've used several brands of facial scrub before, mostly drugstore brands like Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, and St. Ives for years. It was not till early this year that I got a travel sized version of Modern Friction that I honestly fell in love and finally bit the bullet, I bought the full size version. Before I begin to declare my love for this wonderful facial scrub, let's check out what Origins has to say about their product.
(Sephora; 4.2 oz for $38.50)

    "Sand-blasting skin with coarse, chemical crystals? How painfully passé. Here's age-smoothing exfoliation without irritation. Skin-refining Rice Starch, cushioned in cream, shows real affinity for rapidly removing sluggish cells, uneven patches and signs of skin damage and discolorations. Lemon Oil kick starts the process of illumination. Another age-sweeping action: skin-menacing molecules are mopped up. All while Aloe keeps skin calm and comfy. There's no ouch, extra steps or other complications. No redness or flaking follows. The before-and-afters are amazing. Signs of fine lines and size of pores appear to shrink in size. Skin looks perfectly polished, smooth and luminous. And the perk-me-up aromas of Bergamot and Peppermint help you look on the bright side.
Origins tested Modern Friction™ on a panel of 54 women. After just one try, of those who had undergone clinical micro-dermabrasion, 94% said they would now consider using Modern Friction™ instead."

    I was very hesitant to buy this product mainly because of the price; at almost $40, this has to be some kind of miracle scrub! Miracle, its not. It is however, wonderful for my skin. Unlike St. Ives which uses Apricot seeds for it's main scrubbing particle, Modern Friction uses Rice starch which is less abrasive to your skin. When I used the Apricot scrub, I sometimes felt like my skin felt raw afterwards. I might have over-exfoliated my skin since the particles were bigger and coarser.

    With Modern Friction, I'm able to use it nightly without any worries that I'm over-exfoliating my skin. I use it after taking off my makeup with the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel to thoroughly get rid of any left over makeup or dirt I might have missed. It doesn't make my skin feel raw or tight, just clean. It's also helped me keep any major breakouts at bay since my skin decided to rebel late last year.

    With this scrub, a little goes on a long way. If you want a thorough exfoliation (I recommend doing this once a week), use this when your face is dry. I tried this once or twice, you need to use a bit more of the product when doing a deep exfoliation. I tend to use this when my face is a bit damp from taking off my makeup so I generally just use a pea-size amount. I rub this all over my face and with a hint of extra water, this scrub will lather just like  the Origins Checks and Balances. I rinse off everything afterwards, leaving my skin soft, smooth, and clean. 

    According to Origins, "Signs of fine lines and size of pores appear to shrink in size". I actually believe that it did what it claimed to do since I've been getting a lot of compliments from friends and mostly strangers about how good my skin looks, they comment more so on how it seems like I have no pores! Granted I wear primer and foundation, but even with those products on my face there is no way to completely hide your pores specially around the nose/cheeks area.

    I want to recommend this product to everyone I know if not for the price, its a luxury really for any person to spend that amount on a facial scrub. I do believe however, on never scrimping on skincare especially on your face. No amount of makeup can really make you beautiful if you don't take care of your skin. I'd rather spend a lot on skincare and make sure it's healthy and clear of blemishes than buying and using a ton of makeup to cover it all up. I say this as a makeup lover. Even if I have a ton of makeup in my possession, I can get away with using minimal amounts of it since I don't have to cover up much. I can still wear makeup and look like myself, since I've never been a fan of the caked on look.

No comments:

Post a Comment