Monday, March 25, 2013

My Daily Face Routine...

      After showering, I start of my facial routine by using Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner to make sure my face is well prepped for what comes after. 

     I generally put on my moisturizer after the toner has dried, my current favorite is Origins Starting Over with Mimosa, after which I apply my primer...



     It's a toss up between Tarte and Too Faced with the latter being heavily favored.  I use the ULTA foundation brush first, to apply my moisturizer and then the primer.

     Next up, foundation. I typically use Nars Sheer Glow but I have to mix two shades to get my ideal color, I find that mixing two parts Syracuse and one part Tahoe gives me the best results. Another foundation I like to use is Revlon Colorstay in Toast, I like that I don't have to mix it with anything though I really love the finish that Nars gives so I tend to use it more often... Which is sad for my wallet since its $44 a bottle versus Revlon which goes about $12 depending on where you live. Using  my Real Techniques buffing brush or a Beauty Blender, gives me the best finish for the foundation of choice.

     I curl my lashes next using my Shu Eumura eyelash curler and put on Lash Discovery by Maybelline just to start off my lashes since I have the notoriously straight stubborn Asian eyelashes that is practically impossible when holding curls.

     At this point I apply my concealer under my eyes and anywhere else I feel like needs concealing, I'm currently loving the Tarte Amazonian concealer stick. I like to spread it with my Sonia Kashuk pointed foundation brush and set it with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder using a MAC 165. I then pat my under eyes with my ring finger so the warmth would meld the concealer to my skin and avoid any crease.


     I set my foundation with a MAC Prep and Prime setting powder using my Elf flat top brush before applying the rest of my makeup... I know most people do this as a last step but for some reason I've done this since I started getting into makeup and has worked out well. I then do my bronzer to contour/warm up my face using Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in no. 7 and follow that up with whatever blush color I feel like using that day.

      I love this part of my face routine, highlighting! I've recently purchased Dior's Amber Diamond and omigosh, I'm in love! It just gives you the most beautiful glow... So worth the price... Well maybe not... I don't know, between the bronzer and this highlighter... It's pretty pricey. Then again I don't think I'm going to need to repurchase both anytime soon.

    When everything's done I load up the mascara to build up length and volume. I use two more types of mascara for this part, typically any Maybelline mascaras. I just can't get myself to buy high end mascaras when I have to replace the every do often. The first and last high end mascara I bought was from MUFE, that's it. I liked it but not enough to repurchase.
      Since I'm honestly too lazy to fill in my brows, I just use a brow gel. I typically use MAC's Brow Set in Show Off but I ran out and apparently my MAC counter has been out of stock of the products for 2 weeks, I just went ahead and bought the Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel.

     Last but not the least would be Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray, I will not leave the house without using this. It works do well in keeping my makeup lasting almost all day, at least till the end of my work day.

     One thing that I didn't include would be eyeshadow and lipstick/gloss mainly because I don't use it everyday. My job involves little kids and start off too early for me to spend too much time putting and blending, I'm honestly just too lazy. For my lips, I just put on Fresh lip balm in Passion right before I get out of the car.

     I know it seems a lot, but I generally just spend 30 minutes at most getting my face presentable for work and I honestly feel that's a reasonable amount granted that I like to just take my time doing it. I find it the most relaxing part of my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment