Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

I've always been intrigued by this lip treatment... reality is, it's a lip balm. An overpriced lip balm. Here's what the Fresh website has to say about their famous lip treatment...

     "A hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips.Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays."

     Before I started using this "lip treatment", I've heard so many things about it. I've been eying it every time I went in-store or online at Sephora, I just could never let myself buy it for $22. It seemed like a crime to spend so much money on a lip balm. 

    I've used all kinds and different brands of lip balm, from drugstore brands like Chapstick, Nivea, Neutrogena and the likes, to higher end ones from Korres. They all worked out fine, some better than the other. When I bought my Korres Lip Butters, I thought that I was crazy for spending $12 for a pot, good thing (depending on whose perspective) I got mine in a trio... granted it was $24... Still, it was cheaper than buying it individually. 

    My current bedtime lip balm I like to use is from the Neutrogena Naturals line which costs around $2.50 and it works  great for what it is. I wake up with my lips nice, soft, and more importantly, moisturized. I was perfectly satisfied.

    Then came my birthday month last year. It was the point of no return for me. Sephora usually gives out a little gift(s) for your birthday if you're a beauty insider and last year that gift was a mini version of the Fresh lip treatment in Sugar and Rose, I was actually able to get 2 sets since I enrolled my dearest husband in the program too (he didn't want his so he was kind enough to share it with me!). 

     That was the beginning of the end of any reason on my part when it came to this product, I was in love with it. It was so smooth and creamy when you applied it on your lips especially if you've just exfoliated them. I lasted a bit of a long time too and helped me during the winter months when I had to be outside for work, wind burned lips are never fun. It never felt waxy, unlike its drugstore counterpart. It smelled great too which is just a bonus. 

    I liked applying the Sugar lip treatment in the morning before I apply my makeup so it settles and moisturizes my lips before I applied my lipstick. During the day I would apply the Rose lip treatment for a hint of color since I don't really like reapplying lipstick or lipgloss. I never really used the lip treatments at night (I still use my Neutrogena at night)since it contained SPF 15. I just felt that for that reason, it was just more appropriate to use it during the day for a perfectly soft, nourished, and protected lips. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it's so creamy that it melts rather quickly so if you forget it in you car and its hot, say goodbye to your $22. 

     Now even if I love this product, I still feel guilty for paying that much. The only reason I told myself that I would buy it is if came with other products. So I waited during the holidays to buy myself some Fresh products. The first gift set came with a purse/pouch that had a Sugar body lotion and the Rose lip treatment for $28 and the second gift set came with Passion lip treatment and a Sugar lip polish for $18. I can live with those purchases. 

    I know that Fresh has other varieties of their famous lip treatment, but I do prefer the Passion version since it has a deep berry hue which is perfect for my skin tone and pigmented lips. Now that's the only thing I use daily when I go to work or run errands so I don't bother with lipstick and lipgloss anymore. It's easy to use, swipe and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment