Monday, April 29, 2013

A Bit of Shopping: Sephora (VIB sale edition)

     Last April 11 was the preview day for Sephora's VIB sale, so of course I went to check it out! Sephora rarely does any sales so I do get excited when they announce that they're having one, granted its usually either 15% or 20% which is not a lot. For the high end brands that they carry though (which never really goes on sale at the department store) I'm just glad to have a little help on the savings department, every dollar counts after all.

     I know that I've been posting shopping entries this week almost consecutively but to my defense, I don't normally shop like this. It's just that the sales have been going on at different stores and I'm preparing for my trip this summer, so I'm buying mostly backups of products I generally use on a daily basis. These products might be unavailable, difficult to find (especially my skin tone shade), or more expensive if I were to buy them where I'm going. So that's that. 

     So to begin my trip to Sephora, I got another back up of my Origins cleansers, Modern Friction and Checks and Balances. Since I use the cleansers everyday and everynight, I fear that I might run out more quickly of these products. Also, my husband started using the previous ones I got and liked it a lot!
(Sephora; MD 4.2 oz. for $38.50, CB 5 fl. oz. for $20.00)
 
     Next I also bought two Nars foundations in the shade of Syracuse and Tahoe. I have to get two shades because just using either one by itself will not work for my skin, the shade will not match. 
(Sephora; 1 fl. oz. for $44.00)


     Syracuse is a shade lighter and a little less yellow than Tahoe. I can usually get away with using Syracuse in the winter with a little bronzer, but Tahoe is just a smidge too dark for me even in the summer. So I have to mix both shade to get the perfect shade.
(Sephora; 1 fl. oz. for $44.00)

     I also bought a backup of my day moisturizer from Origins, Starting Over Age Earasing Moisturizer with Mimosa. I got the oil-free version since I'm going to be in a tropical country for a long period of time, I don't intend to be a greaseball during the day no matter how dry my skin may be.
(Sephora; 1.7 oz. for $47.50)

     Together with the Starting Over, I also bought the Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral Enriched Renewal Cream. Its my night time moisturizer which I love! Unlike during the day, I dont mind if my skin feels super moisturized at night since my skin will be recuperating while I sleep.
(Sephora; 1.7 oz. for $39.50)

    Last thing I bought during the VIB sale is the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. This is for me, the best setting powder for your under eye concealer. It brightens up whatever darkness you have under your eyes, I sometime use it even when I'm not wearing any concealer!


No comments:

Post a Comment