Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Current Skin Care Routine: My Skin's Backstory

      I decided to make a series of posts regarding what i do and use for taking care of my skin, some will be reviews of the products that I currently use. I think since everybody's skin is different you have to take in consideration that what might work for me, might not for you. Nonetheless, I think it never hurt to share information that I've learned through this adventure of trying to get my skin (especially my face) to the best condition it can have. When I decided to change my skin regimen, there was limited reviews on the products I chose to use, I hope that somebody out there will find these series helpful. So let's begin...



     My skin has always been dry. Growing up and in my teens, I rarely got acne... maybe a spot once or twice when I got super stressed out but never a full blown acne attack. I'm so thankful for my mom because of this because I think she passed on her wonderful skin type to me. Thanks mom!

     Now that I'm older, it's a whole different story. Especially last year. I travelled out of the country during the summer and made a mistake of not bringing a sunblock for my face... I did however brought a ginormous bottle of Banana Boat for my body. The "smart" voice inside my head told me that it should work for my face... I mean its sunblock, what harm can it do?! Boy was I wrong! After a week of using it on my face, my skin started to rebel. Little bumps started to form on my cheeks... I started to develop cystic acne and those annoying bumps that were just there, not really forming into anything but just there on the skin.
    (Little bumps just above my eyebrows)
     I didn't really make a big deal out of it at first and I couldn't really do anything about it because I was still out of the country and skin care products were just to expensive to get where I was at. So after 2 months of being out of the country and my skin hating me, I finally came back. My first order of business was to change my skin care regimen.
(Blemishes formed on my cheeks)
    I decided to try to go as natural as I possibly can. I started to research products that didn't contain any harsh chemicals, sulfates, phthalates, alcohol, and parabens. I was excited but I realized that its a bit pricey to do it. At that point, I was just willing to do anything to clear my skin up because even my sweet dearest husband made a comment regarding the state of my skin which he never did (ever) before. I was ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment