Monday, April 1, 2013

Thoughts of the day: Nostalgia

     It's been raining on and off for a couple of days now... Aside from feeling cold, I feel very nostalgic when it rains. The rain evokes this sense of wanting to go back when I was young, when everything in life was simpler. 

     My husband and I were talking during one of these rainy days, I was telling him about my childhood and how whenever it rained it made me the happiest. Whenever the drops would start to fall... first, gently... It would build up the excitement and fascination inside me. As it starts to pour more stronger, that excitement would bubble over because it meant that I could finally ask my mom if I could go outside and play in the rain. 

     Yes, life was simple and uncomplicated then. Where the mere thought of being able to dance in the rain and splash around the puddles was enough to make me scream with glee... There are days when the rain can still evoke those feelings inside me. Nowadays for the most part, the rain just feels wet, cold, and dreary except for today where it makes me feel nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment