Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

     I've read a lot about glycolic acids and I was both interested and scared to try it out... I mean the label has the word acid in it! So one fine day, I walked into Ulta and saw that Mario Badescu had their own version of it with the Glycolic Acid Toner. I said to myself, "Why not? I'm not using a toner anyways." and I'm glad I did! First lets check out what the Mario Badescu website has to say abot their product...

    (Ulta; 8 oz. for $18.00)
     "A Solution For Wrinkles and Pigmentation. Formulated with 2% Glycolic Acid and Grapefruit Extract which work together to exfoliate, refresh and stimulate dry and congested skin. Helps reduce discoloration from old acne scars as well as build-up that can cause skin to look tired and dull. Alcohol free. "

    I'm not really a believer of toners, I always thought that they're a unnecessary step in a skin care routine. I never really understood what's their purpose, so I think I've only used them once or twice in my lifetime. 

     I however, have change my mind after using this toner. Do I still think that using it it is an unnecessary step, partly yes. After washing my face in the morning and at night, I usually use this with an exfoliating cotton round before I apply my moisturizer. It's an extra step that I enjoy doing because using it makes my skin feel like its been given a bit of suppleness. 
    
    Unlike other toners that disappears into the skin after application, this one leaves a moist feeling on my skin. It's probably because of the aloe vera extract in the ingredients. Some people might get put off by this, but I kinda like it because it doesn't leave my skin tight and dry feeling. The only thing that really bothers me is the color. On the ingredients list, it doesn't state that there's any colorant in the product, however I often wonder what gives it the bluish green color... It's actually the same concern I have with the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel. Aside from that, I really do like this toner. It's not my holy grail product, but I like it enough that I've actually used up 2 bottles already and I still have a backup in my drawer waiting to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment