Sunday, May 26, 2013

Origins Starting Over Age Erasing Moisturizer with Mimosa

      I first saw this moisturizer while watching a Youtube video, I thought why not try it since I was changing up my skin routine. I really didn't see any difference and I thought that it was just another overpriced face moisturizer. According to the Origins website, 
 (Sephora; 1.7 oz. for $47.50)
    "94% saw a significant reduction in the appearance of lines and wrinkles. This moisturizer with Mimosa, Argan leaf and Green algae helps to rebuild collagen, repair visible lines and improve skin texture and tone. Skin looks and feels measurably younger from day one."
     While I'm not sure about my skin feeling and looking "measurably younger" from the first time I've used it, I have to say I do love this moisturizer that I'm at the end of my second tub and I'm I have a backup ready and waiting to be used. 


     There's actually 2 versions of this product, the original and oil-free moisturizer. Since discovering the brand, I've been using the original version and I love how my skin feels after application! I apply this after my toner which just brings back such moisture to my skin that it looks so soft and hydrated, it does take a couple of minutes for the product to sink in my skin. I actually use a foundation brush to apply this onto my skin, which I think contributes to it not sinking to my skin quick enough. I don't really have an issue with that since it's my choice not to use my fingers in applying it. Since I'm trying to clear up my skin, I've just been trying not to touch it with my fingers as much as possible so any oils or dirt will not transfer onto my face.

     As pricey as this moisturizer is I feel like for what it gives my skin, it's totally worth it for me. As a part of my skincare routine, it has helped reduce my skin blemishes and got it to a point where it's almost back to its original state. It doesn't hurt that it's not chuck full of all the bad stuff like parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes,  phthalates, petrochemicals, tricolsan, and gmo's. Knowing that it lacks all those things, I'm willing to pay the price for it. I actually bought the oil-free version for my trip since it's going to be hot and humid where I'm heading and the original might be just a tad too rich for the weather, I can't wait to try it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment